Friday, June 18, 2010

What to play with my Westvleteren 12?

A very kind friend of mine was travelling in Belgium recently and sent me a bottle of Westvleteren 12. Out of the six Trappist monasteries in Belgium that brew beer, Abbey Saint Sixtus of Westvleteren is the only one that does not export their beers outside of the country. They produce very limited quantities of beer, and they ask that people who buy it do not re-sell it. Not wanting to violate the wishes of a small brewery run by monks, I have resisted the urge to buy their beers from websites that do just that. It's been hard, as Trappist ales are some of my favorite beers, and Westvleteren 12 is supposed to be the best of them.

I finally have a bottle, and not wanting to waste such an opportunity to continue the important research that this blog conducts, I need to choose a game to go with it. I'm thinking maybe Zelda: A Link to the Past or The Legend of Zelda. I am positive the beer would go well with Diablo II, but I've already done that to death. Or perhaps the best choice would be Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure. This beer has been a holy grail for me, after all. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Not that you'll be able to keep yourself from drinking it until the release, but I'm just saying: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-zelda-skyward/101468

    ReplyDelete